Thursday, May 3, 2007

"No News" on the Front Page

A man had drunken sex with a goat. This was literally the front page article on Foxnews.com. Tombe, a good citizen of Sudan, had been having sexual relations with a goat in this home-town. News of these bizarre erotic bestiality adventures soon came to light to the proper authorities. Tombe was brought before a judge and was given a hilarious, yet extremely demeaning sentence. The judge viewed the sexual relations with the goat to be on the same level of a man having relations with an unmarried woman. The judge sentenced Tombe to marry the goat, to save her public humiliation, and pay the owner of the goat 15,000 Sudanese dinars, which is about $50. After the two lovebirds joined in marriage, the goat gave birth to a male kid. Tombe began to neglect the goat and she was forced to roam the streets alone, where she soon chocked on a plastic bag one lonely night. However, Tombe was granted custody of the kid, and will be forced to live with the guilt that forced his wife to choke on a piece of plastic.

First of all this was the funniest news article I have ever read. It was purely ridiculousness, but I loved every minute of it. I really cannot believe that Fox had the nerve to put this on the front page of their website. I mean there are a lot more news stories in the world that deserve much more recognition that man tangled love life with a goat. However, I did get caught up in the “No News” hype. As soon as I saw the article I read the entire thing. I guess this the kind of stuff that people want to come home and read after a day at work. However, I do not think that you will see this news story popping up on Fox’s television program anytime soon. The older generations watch the TV news, where as the “info-snackers”, or younger generations are looking at the internet. I think the internet can get away with reporting these types of news stories, when the TV news has to be more formal and report the headline news stories to keep the people who want the facts watching. I think it weird that fox would put a story like this on their homepage, but hey, I found it funny and kind of sickly interesting. In any event more and more of these types of articles will be displayed on the internet because it is what people want to see.

No comments: