Friday, March 9, 2007

“If You Eat Meat, You Hate The Planet”

I guess it’s the classic case of “The Inconvenient Truth” or should I say; “The Inconvenient Meal”. The United Nations (UN) has been on the hot seat for the last few years over the case of global warming, and they have come up with some effective ideas. Hybrid cars, reducing air-pollution and the use of public transportation are all good methods to help reduce global warming. However, the UN has just released a statement “that eating meat causes more global warming than all human transportation combined”.

Pretty bold statement, if you ask me. But there is proof, because the production of meat is done in factories that pump out carbon dioxide (Co2) into the air. The more people eat meat, the higher meat is in demand; which in turn pumps more and more Co2 into the air so people may enjoy the delicious taste of animal flesh. Buying and driving around a hybrid vehicle is not practical for most of the world’s population, due to the fact that they are expensive and require high maintenance. But, giving up meat and becoming a total vegan is more feasible than that of walking everywhere.

I first heard about this story on FOX News, but I didn’t really follow up on it until I saw it again on the internet. “The Glenn Beck Program”, presented this story in quite a humors way. They had the news story above, which gave an over-view of the UN’s statement, but what was pictured below really made the whole story come together. There were eight big pictures of liberal politicians and celebrities alike, all cramming their faces with meat. Wow, I wonder how they are really going to feel about giving up meat for the greater good of the world. I mean, former vice-president, Al Gore is the front man when it comes to the prevention of global warming. Yet he is pictured shoving a double-cheese burger, probably after a screening of his new movie, down his throat. What can Al Gore possible say, now that the UN has released this statement, that eating meat is justifiable to the prevention of global warming?

Americans along with the rest of the world will find that it is not easy to stop eating meat, and most wont stop. Just think, Mr. Gore, the next time you bite into a juicy steak, imagine an enormous chuck of ice breaking off from Antarctica. I will never stop eating meat, because I love it. So when we are all thirty years old and its 78 degrees in January, stop by my neighborhood because I will be on my back porch grilling up some very delicious meats.

1 comment:

dylan leeroy said...

Hear hear. I will also be enjoying a cheeseburger with you; except I'll be at Wendy's because McDonald's gives me dysentery.